The Gardens Between is a single-player adventure-puzzle game about time, memory and friendship.
Best friends Arina and Frendt fall into a series of vibrant, dreamlike island gardens peppered with everyday objects from their childhood. Together they embark on an emotional journey that examines the significance of their friendship.
Manipulate time to solve puzzles and reach the apex of each isle. Follow the duo as they unpack and explore their precious moments spent together, lighting up constellations and illuminating threads of a bittersweet narrative.
- Vibrant, storybook-inspired art style
- Dreamy tale of adventure, friendship and growing-up
- Gorgeous single player experience with a meaningful personal story
- Bespoke ingenious puzzles require the manipulation of time to solve
- Accessible design; simple controls, and no text, speech, time pressure or complex UI
- Relaxing, ambient soundtrack by feature-artist Tim Shiel
- Play in full detail on your gorgeous 4k screen
- Nintendo Life
"Every element works in unison."
"A magical journey."
"You really need to play it."
Awards and Festivals
- 'Excellence In Art' Winner IMGA 2020
- 'Apple Design Award' Winner 2019
- 'Best Puzzles' Winner Webby Awards 2019
- Apple 'Mac Game of the Year' Winner 2018
- 'Game of the Year' Winner at the Australia Game Developer Awards 2018
- 'Most Innovative Game' Winner by Game Two 2018
- 'Best Technology' Winner at Sense Of Wonder Night 2018
- 'Best of MIX' Winner at MIX Seattle 2018
- 'Game Design Excellence' Winner BIC Fest 2017
- ... and many more.