Can you survive the alien onslaught? Alien Breed™ 2: Assault is the second chapter in the Alien Breed™ series, and is an explosive science fiction arcade-shooter with an epic story, swarms of highly intelligent alien enemies, high-impact weaponry, highly detailed and rich environments, developed using Epic Games' Unreal® Engine 3. Take control of the hero, Conrad, the ship’s Chief Engineer, and continue your fight for survival across the fatally damaged space vessel, against a ruthless assault by an alien horde. Your only hope relies on reigniting the alien space craft’s monstrous engines to rescue you from impending annihilation. Deep inside the bowels of the unfamiliar craft, and with time rapidly running out, ready your weapons and begin to claw your way through the darkness in a fight for survival. But you are not alone. The ship is home to the carnivorous alien horde and something else ... something yet to reveal its true intentions ... something biding its time. In addition to the thrilling single-player campaign and all new “survivor” modes, the game also offers relentless, action-packed, two-player online co-operative battle modes.
- Survive the assault! – An action-packed mix of arcade-shooter, survival-horror and tactical weapons upgrades and customisation.
- NEW - set pieces – fight the breed through the new vertical climb section and the mounted gun battle.
- NEW – fight the alien horde with new hardened armour and new weaponry:
- Hyper Blaster – a destructive chain-gun.
- Rocket Launcher – blow the horde away.
- NEW - take on new alien enemies – the ‘webber’ alien and endure dramatic encounters with new shocking bosses.
- Epic single-player story mode – The single-player campaign mode that follows the narrative of the game through five huge and challenging environments.
- NEW - single-player “survivor” mode: – Resist endless waves of intense alien horde attacks in three specifically designed arena environments.
- Single-player free-play mode – A single-player challenge mode – beat your high score on a previously completed campaign mission.
- Two-player co-operative play mode – Work together to defeat the alien horde across three specially customised assault maps for two players, over Steam.
- NEW - two-player co-operative “survivor” mode – Join forces and try to survive three specifically designed arena environments, over Steam. Get competitive and challenge others to beat your survivor abilities on the extensive Leader-boards.
- Additional Steam online features – Quick Match, Create Game, Friends Lists, Voice Chat, Leader-boards/Achievements/Co-operative Achievements.