Perception is an award-winning narrative thriller about a blind woman’s journey to uncover the truth about the mansion from her nightmares, or else become one of its victims.
Using sound as her sight, Cassie explores the Estate at Echo Bluff, desperate to unravel its sordid history. But she’s not alone; a deadly entity called The Presence stalks the mansion’s halls. Cassie needs sound to be able to see, but every noise she makes draws The Presence closer. A careful balancing act is required if she wants to discover why she’s there, and why the house won’t let her - or anyone – leave.
• "See" using echolocation. Every sound creates a visual.
• Engage in a deadly game of hide and seek.
• Trigger radical change at the Estate at Echo Bluff each time you solve its mysteries.
• Travel back through history to exorcise your own nightmares.
• Encounter an emotional journey that spans centuries, and in the end, uplifts any underdog who had ever been told no.
Game of the Year 2017 – The Bit Awards
Best in Show 2017 – Boston Festival of Indie Games
Best Narrative 2017 – Boston Festival of Indie Games
“Perception is a memorable horror experience that thrives because of its unique setup and gameplay. Although more unsettling than downright terrifying, Perception managed to keep me on the edge of my seat, forcing me to solve a compelling mystery by facing what lurked in the dark.” – Game Informer, 8.25
About The Deep End Games:
Married for over 12 years, Bill and Amanda Gardner made Perception from their basement while chasing around their four wild kids. With Bill’s experience in AAA (Lead Level Designer on BioShock and Design Director on BioShock Infinite), and Amanda’s experience writing novels, the two put together a AAA-pedigree team with an indie attitude.